Executive Chef 2
Executive Chef 2
Sodexo's Universities Segment currently has an opportunity for an Executive Chef 2 at the Ohio Dominican University located in Columbus OH. Ohio Dominican University is a private four-year liberal arts institution, founded in 1911 in the Catholic and Dominican traditions. With a student population of 2600, food operations include resident dining, catering and retail.
As Executive Chef, you will be recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other cooks within the account. This role oversees a Production Supervisor as well as 10 production staff and up to 30 employees in a union environment. The Executive Chef is responsible for planning and executing all Presidential catered events. Additional duties include overseeing food purchasing, monitoring production levels and inventory controls, implementing and training HACCP, managing/controlling food and labor cost issues and offering solutions when needed.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess:
- Experience in a culinary leadership capacity in a high volume, quality-focused operation, preferably within a campus environment.
- Experience in managing and developing successful teams.
- Proven track record of maintaining high standards with regard to sanitation, quality and guest satisfaction.
- Proven track record of leading and driving systems and processes within a high volume food environment.
- Be a food-focused, customer service professional with great communications skills and drive.
- Creativity with food; the ability to think out of the box to “wow” our clients and students with new recipes and catering offerings.
- Experience with international fare and vegan offerings.
- Culinary degree preferred.
To learn more about Sodexo's Universities Segment, please visit http://www.sodexousa.com/usen/quality-life-services/on-site-services/education/Campus.aspx.
Designs, supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel in a medium to large account. This position is recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within the account. Selects and develops recipes and other items for clients. Develops menu, implements and trains HACCP, oversees/purchases food, establishes production levels and inventory controls, interviews and hires new chefs, manages/controls food cost issues and offer solutions, may train other chefs outside account. May cook selected items, and plan or price menus. Typically has chefs and cooks reporting to this position.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Related Ohio State Jobs Listings
CONTINUE JOBS SEARCH
GET NEW LISTINGS DELIVERED DAILY
OHIO STATE Jobs NEWS ARTICLES
- 5 Types of Recognition Millennial Employees Seek
- How to Speak Your Mind in Your Internship: Finding Your Voice
- 4 Reasons Internships Prepare You for the Real World
- Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
- A Guide to Money-Making: The 10 Highest Paid College Degrees
- The 6 Keys to Writing the Perfect Job/Internship Cover Letter
- Securing Your First Part-Time Job
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeOhio State UniversityCase Western Reserve UniversityUniversity of CincinnatiKent State UniversityMiami University - OxfordOhio UniversityUniversity of AkronBowling Green State UniversityCleveland State UniversityUniversity of ToledoWright State UniversityUniversity of DaytonYoungstown State UniversityColumbus State Community CollegeAntioch UniversityDenison UniversityDeVry ColumbusShawnee State UniversityOhio Wesleyan UniversityOhio Northern UniversityColumbus College of Art & DesignSinclair Community CollegeOtterbein CollegeUniversity of Northwestern OhioOberlin CollegeOwens Community CollegeAshland UniversityBaldwin-Wallace CollegeBluffton UniversityCapital UniversityCedarville UniversityCentral State UniversityCincinnati Christian UniversityCollege of Mount St. JosephEdison Community CollegeFranciscan University of SteubenvilleFranklin UniversityHeidelberg CollegeHiram CollegeJohn Carroll UniversityKent State University SalemKenyon CollegeLourdes CollegeMalone UniversityMarietta CollegeMiami University HamiltonMiami University MiddletownMount Union CollegeMount Vernon Nazarene UniversityMuskingum CollegeNotre Dame CollegeOhio Dominican UniversityOhio State University at LimaOhio State University at MansfieldOhio State University at MarionOhio State University-Newark CampusOhio University-ChillicotheOhio University-LancasterOhio University-SouthernOhio University-ZanesvilleThe College of WoosterThe University of FindlayTiffin UniversityUnion Institute & UniversityUniversity of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters CollegeUniversity of Rio GrandeUniversity of Toledo Health Science CampusUrbana UniversityUrsuline CollegeWalsh UniversityWilmington CollegeWittenberg UniversityXavier UniversityCincinnati State Technical and Community CollegeClark State Community CollegeHocking CollegeNortheastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and PharmacyCuyahoga Community CollegeLakeland Community CollegeCuyahoga Community College-WestshoreEastern Gateway Community CollegeLorain County Community CollegeMarion Technical College North Central State CollegeNorthwest State Community CollegeRhodes State CollegeSouthern State Community CollegeTerra State Community College Washington State Community CollegeZane State College
- By State
- By City