7 Online Courses Related to Hobbies
Online courses are usually meant for the college students who either don’t want to sit around in a classroom or students who do not particularly have the time to actually go to a class for at most two hours.
Online courses are convenient to lots of students around the world and can sometimes even save you money on gas, books, and living expenses. Of course, this is all for if you are thinking about the college or academic way of things.
When students think of online courses, they primarily think of school and courses based on science or math or some type of academia. This is standard and usually, that is exactly what students are talking about.
However, there are also online courses that are essentially for everyone, you just may have to dig a little deeper to find out what they are. The online courses listed below are related to hobbies instead of academics, such as photography, music, and drawing.
Finding out about these courses is not as easy as finding out about the online courses for college. These online courses can make you feel like you are learning just like a student, but you aren’t learning about typical college student things. You are learning about specifically what you want to learn about and you know what you will be getting out of it in the end.
No need to worry about if you are wasting your money. You can’t waste money if it is a hobby that you are dedicated to and strive to improve in. Taking a quick sweep of the internet, I have found a good number of hobby oriented online courses that may pique a few interests from some of you. The list I provide, of course, isn’t a complete list of courses available. There are probably courses for obscure hobbies that even I couldn’t locate.
1. Photography: Everyone loves a well-taken photograph and people will even pay well if you know, personally, how to take an excellent photograph. Photos will always be a constant way to tell a story and taking a photography class will make you an excellent visual storyteller. These courses will teach you about shutter speeds, ISO uses, aperture settings, and that entire photo speak. You will learn so much you will be a photography genius.
2. Music: Music can be an uplifting thing to have. There are music courses for many different types of musicians and helpful teachers and tutors along the way. Specific genres are available to you as well.
3. Writing: All future storytellers should be taking online writing courses. These courses will help you learn how to get your story on paper and make it come alive. You can take fiction or nonfiction creative writing courses; learn how to put a spin on your stories and even learn how to write in different genres. Getting all your thoughts out onto paper can be highly therapeutic.
4. Languages: Yes, this seems more like an academic course, but there are people out there that want to learn new languages and consider learning them to be a hobby. Language courses such as Spanish, French, and even Hebrew are available online. If you are thinking about doing a bit of traveling in the future, maybe learning a new language could be beneficial. Practice, of course, makes perfect when it comes to learning new languages, so do not get discouraged if you don’t pick it up immediately.
5. Entrepreneurship: Colleges around the world are slowly making entrepreneurship a major, so why not make an online course as well? Hobbies for some people end up being long-term money making systems, so learning all you can learn about the business of essentially having your own business is a good way to start.
6. Retouching: In the beauty world, retouching is a godsend. Nowadays Photoshop is something everyone knows how to use, but there are the few out there that want to learn how it works and this course can help you out. This course will teach you the step-by-step ins and outs of the retouching world and how you can excel at it. The photos you take will look even better once you have mastered the skills to touch them up in style.
7. Shakespeare: Lastly, this course is a random one at that, but everyone has their hobbies. The classics will always be the classics and no one can change that. People love learning more and more about the history of literature. What better way to get that education than to look into taking a course on Shakespeare? These courses may help you understand the words of the playwright himself and how to read his work properly. The professor in the course will be able to guide you through so you will come out a pro.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Business Articles
OHIO STATE ONLINE COURSES LISTINGSSee all OHIO STATE Online Courses Listings
OHIO STATE Online Courses Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeOhio State UniversityCase Western Reserve UniversityUniversity of CincinnatiKent State UniversityMiami University - OxfordOhio UniversityUniversity of AkronBowling Green State UniversityCleveland State UniversityUniversity of ToledoWright State UniversityUniversity of DaytonYoungstown State UniversityColumbus State Community CollegeAntioch UniversityDenison UniversityDeVry ColumbusShawnee State UniversityOhio Wesleyan UniversityOhio Northern UniversityColumbus College of Art & DesignSinclair Community CollegeOtterbein CollegeUniversity of Northwestern OhioOberlin CollegeOwens Community CollegeAshland UniversityBaldwin-Wallace CollegeBluffton UniversityCapital UniversityCedarville UniversityCentral State UniversityCincinnati Christian UniversityCollege of Mount St. JosephEdison Community CollegeFranciscan University of SteubenvilleFranklin UniversityHeidelberg CollegeHiram CollegeJohn Carroll UniversityKent State University SalemKenyon CollegeLourdes CollegeMalone UniversityMarietta CollegeMiami University HamiltonMiami University MiddletownMount Union CollegeMount Vernon Nazarene UniversityMuskingum CollegeNotre Dame CollegeOhio Dominican UniversityOhio State University at LimaOhio State University at MansfieldOhio State University at MarionOhio State University-Newark CampusOhio University-ChillicotheOhio University-LancasterOhio University-SouthernOhio University-ZanesvilleThe College of WoosterThe University of FindlayTiffin UniversityUnion Institute & UniversityUniversity of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters CollegeUniversity of Rio GrandeUniversity of Toledo Health Science CampusUrbana UniversityUrsuline CollegeWalsh UniversityWilmington CollegeWittenberg UniversityXavier UniversityCincinnati State Technical and Community CollegeClark State Community CollegeHocking CollegeNortheastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and PharmacyCuyahoga Community CollegeLakeland Community CollegeCuyahoga Community College-WestshoreEastern Gateway Community CollegeLorain County Community CollegeMarion Technical College North Central State CollegeNorthwest State Community CollegeRhodes State CollegeSouthern State Community CollegeTerra State Community College Washington State Community CollegeZane State College
- By State
- By City