Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
Being a senior in college may be nerve wracking at times since graduation is less than two months away, but one thing that is making me really nervous is the job hunting process.
So far, I’ve applied to many jobs in the field I am getting a degree in. Dealing with the waiting process for job hunting isn’t the best. You never know if your resume is going to stand out against the other candidates who also want the job that you applied to.
Here are some ways that I relax while I am dealing with the job hunting process.
1. Read career advice articles
Since I am a writer, I usually love reading articles that can help me out with my daily lifestyle. My favorite career advice articles are on the Muse website (which also doubles as a job search engine). They have articles about interviews, how to make your LinkedIn stand out, cover letters, and career strategies. My favorite articles from them right now are:
2. Go outside/Enjoy the fresh air
Going outside always helps destress me when I am dealing with a lot of schoolwork or stressing over the job hunting process. When I go outside, I usually go to an outlet center, an outside shopping center, or a park. Once I am at those places, my stress goes away instantly and I take photos of the beautiful nature around me.
3. Take a spa day
Taking a nice bath or getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or facial is always a good way to relax after applying to jobs. Even though some treatments may be expensive to college students, now there are many ways you can spend less money on treatments by doing DIY or getting spa products from stores.
Some of my favorite DIY spa treatments and spa products are:
•Face masks (Ulta, Sephora, and Target)
•Calgon Lavender and Honey Bubble Bath from Target
•Creating face masks from products like Oranges, Lemons, Honey, Ginger, etc.
4. Understand that the job searching/hunting process is stressful for everyone
Everyone in their life goes through the anxiety of job searching/hunting, especially if it lasts for more than three months. I always feel less stressed out when I know that I am not the only one going through this process right now and that this process takes time and patience.
5. Learn new skills while waiting to hear back about your application status
New skills are always good to put on your resume/LinkedIn profile. Some new skills that could be learned are how to create your own website, learning a new language, and taking classes about coding, marketing, etc. New skills can make your resume/LinkedIn stand out to recruiters (especially if that skill is going to help out in the job that you applied for).
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
OHIO STATE JOB LISTINGSSee all OHIO STATE Job Listings
OHIO STATE Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeOhio State UniversityCase Western Reserve UniversityUniversity of CincinnatiKent State UniversityMiami University - OxfordOhio UniversityUniversity of AkronBowling Green State UniversityCleveland State UniversityUniversity of ToledoWright State UniversityUniversity of DaytonYoungstown State UniversityColumbus State Community CollegeAntioch UniversityDenison UniversityDeVry ColumbusShawnee State UniversityOhio Wesleyan UniversityOhio Northern UniversityColumbus College of Art & DesignSinclair Community CollegeOtterbein CollegeUniversity of Northwestern OhioOberlin CollegeOwens Community CollegeAshland UniversityBaldwin-Wallace CollegeBluffton UniversityCapital UniversityCedarville UniversityCentral State UniversityCincinnati Christian UniversityCollege of Mount St. JosephEdison Community CollegeFranciscan University of SteubenvilleFranklin UniversityHeidelberg CollegeHiram CollegeJohn Carroll UniversityKent State University SalemKenyon CollegeLourdes CollegeMalone UniversityMarietta CollegeMiami University HamiltonMiami University MiddletownMount Union CollegeMount Vernon Nazarene UniversityMuskingum CollegeNotre Dame CollegeOhio Dominican UniversityOhio State University at LimaOhio State University at MansfieldOhio State University at MarionOhio State University-Newark CampusOhio University-ChillicotheOhio University-LancasterOhio University-SouthernOhio University-ZanesvilleThe College of WoosterThe University of FindlayTiffin UniversityUnion Institute & UniversityUniversity of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters CollegeUniversity of Rio GrandeUniversity of Toledo Health Science CampusUrbana UniversityUrsuline CollegeWalsh UniversityWilmington CollegeWittenberg UniversityXavier UniversityCincinnati State Technical and Community CollegeClark State Community CollegeHocking CollegeNortheastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and PharmacyCuyahoga Community CollegeLakeland Community CollegeCuyahoga Community College-WestshoreEastern Gateway Community CollegeLorain County Community CollegeMarion Technical College North Central State CollegeNorthwest State Community CollegeRhodes State CollegeSouthern State Community CollegeTerra State Community College Washington State Community CollegeZane State College
- By State
- By City