8 Lessons I Learned While Studying Abroad
Lessons I Learned While Studying Abroad
- Immerse yourself in the culture and the history—it’s not every day that you get to wander around a foreign country. Why not get that coffee you always wanted to try? How about check out a popular museum? Try a popular food that the country is known for, explore and have fun!
- Be friendly towards the locals—I often have a lot of conversations with the local people, asking anything from places to go, to shows to see, to foods to try. They truly know what is best around the area as they have lived in the country longer than you have.
- Your flat-mates are not always going to want to be your friends—This was a tough pill to swallow but everyone has their group they want to associate themselves with. It’s best to find a couple of people who you truly connect with and hang out with them. In the end, spend time with people who make you happy.
- Don’t forget to try new things—Have you ever seen something and think to yourself, “Huh, I’ve never tried that before…” If you have, then give it a whirl and see what happens next. You might just find your new favorite thing!
- Explore your area—I loved wandering around the local area and finding new places to hang out from parks, to libraries, to even museums. It’s fun to see what the area has to offer and familiarize yourself with it.
- Take advantage of travelling—These countries, especially the European ones, are like your next-door neighbors. Be sure to visit them and see what attracts you to that place.
- Education is important—For the love of all that is good, try not to skip classes. Just because your professors are not checking your work every week, doesn’t mean you can slack off. It will pile up on you if you don’t do the work regularly. Save yourself the stress and stay on top of it.
- Have fun—You’re only here for such a time, so make the most of it. Do what makes you happy!
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent Ohio State News Articles
What You Don't Know About Foster Children
We all know about foster children and youth. We read about them in books, see them in TV shows, and even know them in real life. However,...
8 Travel Tips For Students
Summer is almost here! And what better way to spend your break than going on a road trip with friends or travelling the globe? Here are...
Creating a Strong Support Group in Undergrad for Business School
This article is brought to you by Kaplan, the leader in test prep for over 90 standardized tests, including the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, and...