7 Types of Girls That Don't See a Second Date
If you are a single woman in your early twenties, this article is perfect for you. And if you are happy in a relationship, please stop reading from here on out, but do share this with your lonely girl friends. And if you are truly happy with your wonderful and charming boyfriend, here’s a short list of what you are missing out on:
- Watching Netflix to your full advantage (meaning Chick Flicks and ONLY Chick Flicks)
- Dancing to Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”
All right, now that I have the right audience, I am going to share with you what I have learned from watching my own single lady friends when it comes to dating and, most importantly, landing that second date.
There are so many people giving advice about what you should do and how you should act in order to make a guy like you, but no one ever talks about the things you should never do or never act like. A lot of times, first dates are full of nervousness, self-doubt, and regret. Because a new cute boy can make some of us girls get all jittery, we begin to not act like ourselves, which leads us to question why we even went on the date in the first place. This process doesn’t need to happen EVER again.
As long as you avoid being these seven types of girls, you will have a much greater chance at seeing another date with the beautiful man sitting across from you.
1. The Clingy Dependent One
This goes without saying that you should never try and plan a second date before the first date has even started. And if you called or texted him at least five times before the date, you might as well not show up.
2. The High Maintenance Princess
Do you like the car he drives? Do you like the restaurant he chose? If you answered no and no, you need to be a little more open-minded and a little less diva. No one wants to hang around a stuck up materialistic girl who feeds off of drama, and that’s all he will see you as after you judge his ten-year-old Camaro.
3. The Alcoholic
Drop that second glass of Pinot, and start chugging your water. You know how much of a lightweight you are, and it will be less ugly if you act awkward and nervous as opposed to acting like a belligerent crazy woman. Get your shit together, Carol!
4. The Open Feminist
As someone who gets called a feminist often, I totally get it. It’s really hard not to call people out on their traditional mindsets. We just want to let our progressive thoughts out in the open. But for one night, don’t be so open about it because the truth is, equality might be great and all, but guys don’t want to date someone who refuses to make them a sandwich.
5. The “I Don’t Get It” Girl
There once was a time when every girl thought it was “cute” to act like a complete idiot. These ditzy girls are incapable of intellectual and stimulating conversations because their only response to a joke is “I don’t get it.” News flash, ladies: guys like girls that are smart. And in order to be smart, you have to get the joke.
6. The Over-Controlling/Timeline Perfectionist
“I want to be married in five years with six kids and have a white picket fence” might as well be translated to “I want you to be my husband at this exact moment in my life and have countless children with me while you paint the fence of my perfect home.” Not only do these statements scare guys away, but they will also disappoint you when you realize how over controlling, annoying, and psychotic you truly are.
7. The Self-Loathing Loner
Every girl has at least one thing that they want to change about themselves, and I am telling you right now…DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION. Not only does it make you look insecure and unworthy, but it will make you feel inferior to every guy you date. Do not make the huge mistake of self-loathing publicly and in front of any man.
If this list did not help you figure out what kind of girl to be for your first date, try relaxing and being yourself. If that doesn’t work out, it is only in your best interest that you don’t see him again. You shouldn’t want to continue dating someone that isn’t interested in you for you. Take note that after you have been dating the same guy for a while, feel free to be any or all of these girls! But if the first date isn’t what you hoped for or expected it to be, pick yourself back up and start singing Jay-Z’s “On to the Next One.”
(Note: These are all opinion-based from my own learning experiences. Do not drill me for inaccuracies or question my sources. And if any of you have landed a second date by being one or more of these types of girls, kudos to you…you must be really hot or something.)
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Humor Articles
Recent Ohio State News Articles
RECENT OHIO STATE CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeOhio State UniversityCase Western Reserve UniversityUniversity of CincinnatiKent State UniversityMiami University - OxfordOhio UniversityUniversity of AkronBowling Green State UniversityCleveland State UniversityUniversity of ToledoWright State UniversityUniversity of DaytonYoungstown State UniversityColumbus State Community CollegeAntioch UniversityDenison UniversityDeVry ColumbusShawnee State UniversityOhio Wesleyan UniversityOhio Northern UniversityColumbus College of Art & DesignSinclair Community CollegeOtterbein CollegeUniversity of Northwestern OhioOberlin CollegeOwens Community CollegeAshland UniversityBaldwin-Wallace CollegeBluffton UniversityCapital UniversityCedarville UniversityCentral State UniversityCincinnati Christian UniversityCollege of Mount St. JosephEdison Community CollegeFranciscan University of SteubenvilleFranklin UniversityHeidelberg CollegeHiram CollegeJohn Carroll UniversityKent State University SalemKenyon CollegeLourdes CollegeMalone UniversityMarietta CollegeMiami University HamiltonMiami University MiddletownMount Union CollegeMount Vernon Nazarene UniversityMuskingum CollegeNotre Dame CollegeOhio Dominican UniversityOhio State University at LimaOhio State University at MansfieldOhio State University at MarionOhio State University-Newark CampusOhio University-ChillicotheOhio University-LancasterOhio University-SouthernOhio University-ZanesvilleThe College of WoosterThe University of FindlayTiffin UniversityUnion Institute & UniversityUniversity of Cincinnati-Raymond Walters CollegeUniversity of Rio GrandeUniversity of Toledo Health Science CampusUrbana UniversityUrsuline CollegeWalsh UniversityWilmington CollegeWittenberg UniversityXavier UniversityCincinnati State Technical and Community CollegeClark State Community CollegeHocking CollegeNortheastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and PharmacyCuyahoga Community CollegeLakeland Community CollegeCuyahoga Community College-WestshoreEastern Gateway Community CollegeLorain County Community CollegeMarion Technical College North Central State CollegeNorthwest State Community CollegeRhodes State CollegeSouthern State Community CollegeTerra State Community College Washington State Community CollegeZane State College
- By State
- By City